SAVE THE DATE:
SUNDAY OCTOBER 12th
More information coming soon, watch this site for details or follow us on twitter: @BrooklynWort
CALL TO ENTRY!
How to Enter:
- Show us that you make great beer!
- Submit one bottle of your best home-brewed beer (all bottle sizes and shapes are accepted)
that is free of labels or any identifying marks.
- Rubber-band the Entry Form and the $5 (cash only please) entry fee to the bottle.
- Drop off your entry at Brooklyn Homebrew or Sycamore between July 25th and August 24th during our normal business hours.
- Entry into the preliminary round is required for a chance to compete for the big prizes in
October. You may only enter one bottle per brewer, so make it a good one!
The Qualifying Round:
- Brooklyn Wort is not a BJCP sanctioned competition, however, your beer will be judged by
experienced tasters and certified beer judges during the 1st round. You are not required
to brew "to style."
- This is one big "Best of Show" competition. You will not lose points for brewing "outside
of the box" a bit, or reinterpreting the meaning of a particular beer style. The brewer should
decide whether or not to include details about the beer, such as the beer style or special
ingredients (any information that may be necessary for the judges to fully appreciate your
- Beers will be assessed on taste, appearance, aroma, technical merit and overall
impression. There are no points given for packaging or clever labels.
- We will announce the names of the 30 selected brewers on August 28th. All brewers that
submitted a beer into the 1st round will be emailed copies of their score sheets.
The 30 Chosen Ones:
- Thirty talented brewers will be selected to compete on the big day, October 12th, for a chance to
win $750 for "Judges' Choice" and $250 for "Peoples' Choice." First place “Judges Choice” will get the
opportunity to brew a batch of beer on a professional brewery’s pilot system and first place winners from
both categories will spend a day shadowing the head brewer. There will also be consolation prizes for 2nd
and 3rd place in both categories.
- The judging panel will be a mix of experienced beer judges, professional brewers, craft
beer bar proprietors & other industry leaders.
- The selected 30 brewers will need to bring 5 gallons of a home-brewed beer the day of
the competition. This does NOT have to be the same beer that you submitted into the 1st
round. Just bring your best homebrew! You may bring bottled or kegged beer. Its up to you.
- You must also bring a bucket or cooler to chill your beer in and any tools or gear that you need
to serve the beer. We will provide ice and dump buckets for you.
- You will also be able to bring one additional guest with you to help you pour beer. You and your guest will receive tasting glasses and lunch the day of the competition.
- All brewers will have a $15 credit available at Brooklyn Homebrew to use towards your beer being brewed
for the competition. Your credit must be used before the day of the competition.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.